Monday, September 27, 2010

I want to grow old on the Gospel

A friend of mine once made a comment about dogs, when one continued to chase and bring back the bone he threw. He said, "It is interesting that dogs continue to do the same thing over and over again, with the same level of excitement". 

I look at human beings and myself completely differently. I need new and better things keep me excited. Things bore me quick. Living here for 26 years, I tend to find lesser things that excite, interest, and boggle me. I am unable to keep my mind fascinated... and please, gadgets are one of the least impressive things. However there is an anomaly to this. 

I have heard the gospel message over and over again. It is simple. I can put it in about 5 sentences using really simple words. Here: I am a sinner, and desperately so. I rebelled against a righteous and holy God who should justly punish me into hell. And when I was still and enemy of God he chose to die for me. He killed his Son for me... so that now, if I believe in his Son, I can have eternal life with Him. And his Son... he continues, even today, to intercede for me. 

This simple message that is stupid to some, that people stumble at because, it has in it no "wisdom" for them, is so powerful that it saved me and it continues to save me. My mind continues to get  boggled by it. Isn't that amazingly weird? I can't believe God can continue to boggle my mind with the same old thing. He insults my intelligence. I love it. 

Yesterday I turned 26 years old... and I want to grow old on that message. 

No comments:

Post a Comment