Saturday, October 23, 2010

Short Story

I was on my knees, upper body stooping down, nose almost touching the ground. I was still hot with the argument... with pain. I could feel it in my head. My face was still wet with tears.

He was on his throne and was giving the orders that had devastated me. I was not looking at him. After they were given, I could hear the others leave briskly, so that I knew we were left alone. I felt him turn his face to me.  With his same stern commanding voice he said,

"As for you... "
"Yes, my Lord", I said. I had given up trying to argue... trying to present my case. He was too strong.

But there was a pause... I was waiting to hear my punishment.... or a disciplinary action.  Even a beating couldn't be worse than his orders. And he continued,

"My son..."

The tone of his voice had changed. I looked up... to him...  I did not expect to see tears streaming down his face. He felt my pain. I couldn't believe it.  I kept looking at him and in sometime there broke a smile on his face and he said,

"You will learn to enjoy me."

No comments:

Post a Comment